Re: [RP] ratpoison-1.4.9-rc2

From: Mathieu Othacehe
Subject: Re: [RP] ratpoison-1.4.9-rc2
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 19:46:04 +0100

Hi Joren,

> what differences are there for a user? Will ratpoison somehow automatically
> detect when another screen is plugged in or do we still have to use the
> 'restart' command?

Yes, thanks to xrandr support, when a new screen is plugged and activated
(via xrandr(1) or any other tool based on xrandr), it is automatically
detected by ratpoison.

You no longer have to use :restart command. You should be able to see
the new screen with :sdump command. This is also true for screen
rotation and resizing, no :restart is needed anymore.

Xrandr patches had a quite big impact on ratpoison code, so it is also
imporant to test for eventual regressions !

Thanks in advance for testing :)

Mathieu