Re: [RP] ratpoison-1.4.9-rc2

From: Joren Van Onder
Subject: Re: [RP] ratpoison-1.4.9-rc2
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 19:42:29 -0700

Hi,

As promised I'm reporting back after testing. I have been running
1.4.9-rc2 for about a week now on my main laptop. I attach and
deattach my external monitor multiple times a day and run a simple
script that just does basic xrandr commands to handle that. So far I
haven't experienced any issues. So to me everything looks good :).

Kind regards,
Joren

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 5:00 PM, Jeremie Courreges-Anglas <address@hidden> wrote:
Mathieu Othacehe <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Joren,
>
>> what differences are there for a user? Will ratpoison somehow automatically
>> detect when another screen is plugged in or do we still have to use the
>> 'restart' command?
>
> Yes, thanks to xrandr support, when a new screen is plugged and activated
> (via xrandr(1) or any other tool based on xrandr), it is automatically
> detected by ratpoison.
>
> You no longer have to use :restart command. You should be able to see
> the new screen with :sdump command. This is also true for screen
> rotation and resizing, no :restart is needed anymore.

Feels like this should be documented.

Suggestions (and patches) welcome!

[...]

--
jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE