[RP] libhistory-support.

From: Martin Hertz
Subject: [RP] libhistory-support.
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 23:05:16 +0200

After thinking about it, then as ratpoison has implemented internal history support itself, then maybe enabling libhistory support and adding to resource-usage, wouldn't be the best solution, and I only also wanted a single option from said lib, which was the search-in-history completion function(e.g. 'ch<arrow-up>' becomes 'chromium', or 'sou<arrow-up>' becomes 'source .ratpoisonrc' etc, which in libhistory is enabled with a preceding exclamation-mark), which possibly could be implemented anyway additionally later on, in the internal history support if deemed appropriate.

Btw, i'm sorry I cannot contribute myself (yet), as a noob in C programming, but im doing what I can to learn it currently :)

Unrelated, sorry, but I previously read about adding mouse-focus to frames, though not by default... I have no say in this obviously, but I would hope it would then be as an external compile option and external file, like sloppy.c, and not going into main-code. Personally I find this highly strange, that there's a demand for such and think it's highly misplaced, but of course as said, none of my business, and I respect the maintainers decision on this obviously.

A final unrelated note, is that I would love if xft got disabled by default - it more than doubles memory usage and imho doesn't seem to fit into a small fast keyboard-centric wm, but that's just my humble opinion. though i've seen plenty state the same around the web - of course the only ones deserving a vote on this, is the actual maintainer and coding-contributors, I of course understand and respect.

Thanks for keeping ratpoison alive everyone, it's very much appreciated!