Re: [rdiff-backup-users] bug: rdiff-backup cannot restore when source is

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] bug: rdiff-backup cannot restore when source is read-only
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 23:14:44 -0700

  GZ> Hi Ben, $Subject says it: rdiff-backup versions 0.8 and 0.10 do
  GZ> not restore if the rdiff-backup-data files (source) is on an
  GZ> read only mounted file system (long lines, sorry):
  GZ> rdiff-backup does *not* write to "rdiff-backup-data/restore.log"
  GZ> (as one/me would assume from the error message).

It's the possibility that's important!  If rdiff-backup didn't even
have the option of writing to restore.log, how would you have known
that it didn't have anything to say??  Ok, maybe this isn't the best
argument.  I'll get around to fixing this sometime.

    BTW, we now have bug tracking with Savannah.  I opened
up two bugs for you at

https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=1299&group_id=3022

and

https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=1300&group_id=3022

Probably this is just a waste of time for such a small project
though...

--
Ben Escoto