Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Overflow Error??

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Overflow Error??
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 16:41:21 -0700

  JW> I'm using rdiff-backup to back up my Linux system running on an
  JW> intel machine into an OpenBSD system running on a Sparc.
  JW> Initial backup goes well, however when I try to back up again I
  JW> get the following error on the Linux side:
  JW>   OverflowError: long int too large to convert to int

  JW> I get this error using both the 0.10.1 version and the 0.11.0
  JW> version -- any ideas?

What I'm guessing is happening is that there some error on the BSD
system, and that causes garbage (in the form of a big number) to be
sent to the linux system, which then exits in an OverflowError.

    Is there any way you can get the stderr from the BSD side?
Usually ssh will redirect both the stdout and stderr, so you can see
both tracebacks.  Also the other side might have written some useful
messages to the error log.

--
Ben Escoto