[rdiff-backup-users] More newby Qs: list of changed files, server-side

From: Bud P . Bruegger
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] More newby Qs: list of changed files, server-side diffs
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 18:20:23 +0100

..and two more newby questions:

[Maybe I should say that I'm thinking of remote use and inquiring the content
of an backup archive]

* is it possible to get a list of which files have changed between two versions
  under a starting directory

* is it possible to request a diff between two arbitrary versions of a (text)
  file?

* and the third of the two questions:-)  Is there a way of adding some
  description to a version that could be queried with -l (or similar option)?
  This is similar to what revision control systems would do.

many thanks

--bud