Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: uninstalling rdiff-backup (was RE: backup d

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: uninstalling rdiff-backup (was RE: backup different directories)
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 11:17:31 -0800

  RL> I also have to say that the compilation on FreeBSD was not that
  RL> smooth, I had to manually add, -I/usr/local/include and
  RL> -L/usr/local/lib into the cc command line.

  BE> Some other rdiff-backup user was complaining about that, so he
  BE> patched distutils to accept --includedir and --libdir command
  BE> line options I think.  It probably got accepted, so maybe it
  BE> will be easier with python 2.3.

Sorry, some confusion on my part.  You can already add options to cc
with the CFLAGS environment variable.  Robert Weber's problem
installing rdiff-backup was with the linker, so his patch allowed for
linker options with the LDFLAGS variable.  The report at:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=588809&group_id=5470&atid=305470

says that the patch was accepted in November.

--
Ben Escoto