[rdiff-backup-users] Problem with rdiff-backup over an ipsec VPN

From: Jonathan Bibeau
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Problem with rdiff-backup over an ipsec VPN
Date: 04 Feb 2003 16:18:29 -0500

Greetings,

I'm having a problem with connecting rdiff-backup through a VPN over
SSH.

Both machines have the following specs:
Red Hat Linux 7.1
Kernel 2.4.20-grsec-preempt
Duron 900MHz
128MB of SDRAM

I've done this over my local network here between dozens of machines
daily without any problems using SSH. (This includes going through other
linux based routers).

I initiate a connection from my machine here to SSH into my remote
backup system. It begins, they talk, and it even launches rdiff-backup
in server mode on the remote machine, but then it just hangs ands sits
there until the remote SSH daemon terminates the session, but even after
terminating, nothing happens on the where I launched rdiff-backup.

I redirected all output from verbose level 10 logging to file if anyone
would like me to send them that. Its really too big to send in the body
of this message.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again everyone!

Best regards,