re[2]: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff error on execution : "client zlib ser

From: Greg Freemyer
Subject: re[2]: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff error on execution : "client zlib server none" message with "--no-compression" option.
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 15:47:24 -0400

 >>  > Can you launch a manual ssh connection from your mac and do a
 >>  rdiff-backup --version.

 >>  yes it works, rdiff-backup is well set up, it works on one another
 >>  machine from and to the destination machine from our DMZ. Another
 >>  machine inside our subnet doesn't work. Could this be a
 >>  masquerading/SNAT problem ?

Maybe Ben will know more, but if you can ssh from the Mac client to your Linux
server and do a remote "rdiff-backup --version", I would think that your
networking setup should be fine.

It is possible that rdiff-backup uses another port besides port 22 (ssh), but I
don't think so.  (I don't know the code very well.  I'm just a user.)

I assume you can do a local rdiff-backup on the Mac, right?

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer