Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Debugging a simple (?) backup setup

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Debugging a simple (?) backup setup
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 19:59:20 -0700

  MB> line 216, in _get raise ConnectionReadError("Truncated header
  MB> string (problem "

  MB> Which isn't a great deal of help :)  Anyone know where to start
  MB> looking to diagnose the problem?  I'm using rdiff-backup 0.12.0
  MB> as of the end of June at both ends; are there any other system
  MB> dependencies I should be looking out for?

Well I think maybe the second part of the error message got lost, it
is should say "Truncated header string (problem probably originated
remotely)".  So basically the side that said that feels hung up upon.
What does the other side say?  If it says something similar, then
there is probably a networking problem.  Does it work over ssh?

--
Ben Escoto