Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Failing on 11GB file - other large files worki

From: dean gaudet
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Failing on 11GB file - other large files working
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 16:42:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, Ty! Boyack wrote:

> version are you running?  Do you know if there is any way to verify
> that librsync got compiled with large file support (my compile, but
> I've been known to goof builds once or twice...)?

try using strace, truss, or ktrace (in that order of preference :) depends
which OS you're on).  you'll see either a flag to open() or function names
like open64(), stat64() or if seek is being used then you can look at the
size of the offset.  what you end up seeing depends on your OS ... so i
can't really be much more specific.  but it's generally easy to derive
whether it's using large file support or not.

-dean