Re: [rdiff-backup-users] "object is not callable"

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] "object is not callable"
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 23:29:38 -0700

  TA> Hello, This below quoted error has suddenly started to appear
  TA> with regard to two remote servers that are backed up. The
  TA> command used to back up:
  TA> The output from rdiff-backup:
  TA> line 346, in reval OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:

'/home/backup/HOST_NAME/home/.sites/48/site10/web/cms-basis/modules/NS-DynamicMenu/inc/CVS/Entries'
  TA> Exception exceptions.TypeError: "'NoneType' object is not
  TA> callable" in <bound method GzipFile.__del__ of <gzip open file

'/home/backup/HOST_NAME/rdiff-backup-data/file_statistics.2003-08-14T01:00:03+02:00.data.gz',

Those "object is not callable" errors seem to pop up anytime a session
fails, regardless of what the real issue is.  I'm not even sure why,
it has something do with with some gzip destructor getting called as
python is cleanup up the session.

Anyway, in your case the real error is "Permission denied" on that
file.  Maybe rdiff-backup is logged in as the wrong user or something?
rdiff-backup assumes it has ownership permissions on everything in the
destination directory (after all, it created everything there).

--
Ben Escoto