[rdiff-backup-users] Errno 27 - File too large

From: Matej Pfajfar
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Errno 27 - File too large
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:55:37 +0200

Hi all,

I've just started using rdiff-backup to backup a linux box onto a
windows share, which then gets backed up to tape.
So far so good, except for one problem :

I get an error Errno 27 [File too large] while rdiff-backup is writing
its rdiff-backup.tmp.somenumber file. When I checked
the file was indeed over 2,5 GB. The problem is that I am running
rdiff-backup as root, which has no resource limits (I checked with
ulimit).

Is it possible that the error is raised on the windows side of things?
Or is there a kernel/libc hard-coded file size limit?
Thanks for your help,

Matej