Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Backup to 3rd location.

From: David Kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Backup to 3rd location.
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 12:08:34 +1100

Jason C. Leach wrote:
Hi,

I have to servers, they one backs up to the other each night. Some times we get too much new data to backup over an ADSL line. In this case, I would like to have the backup go to a USB drive so I can take it to the server and 'unload' it.

You could write a script that used the --compare feature of version 0.13.4 can then compare the outputs to a predetermined threshold.

if it was too large, you could then rsync the backup to the usb disk repository (on linux i strongly recommend firewire over usb2), walk it over to the other server, then rdiff-backup /mnt/usb2 /mnt/originalrepository.

if you didn't want to use this feature, you could do a similar thing with du or find. you could even get it to mail you so you knew it needed the extra bandwidth :)

dave