[rdiff-backup-users] Backuping up files that have not changed.

From: Fran Firman
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Backuping up files that have not changed.
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:58:49 +1200

I have noticed that rdiff-backup is backing up fiels that have not
changed.

ie if I do a backup, and then as soon as that stops, run again these
files get backed up again.

The version of Rdiff-backup I'm running is  0.13.3.jgoerzen-3 from
Debian testing.

Both machines (the server and the client) are linux, and the connection
is being made via ssh.

Any ideas?

The reason I have found this, as I was using the file-statistics files,
to tell me what files have changed, for a tripwire like monitoring of
the servers that I'm backing.

Cheers

Fran