RE: [rdiff-backup-users] Web Interface

From: Ian Neubert
Subject: RE: [rdiff-backup-users] Web Interface
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 16:08:11 -0700

David Kempe wrote:
> why don't we stick some stuff on sourceforge?

Sounds good. Do you have a project in SF.net? If not, I can set one up. I'll
get my code ready for GPL'ing...

> There are a few guys in the office happy to help out over here - we
> can't really contribute the exact stuff we have done already - but may
> be able to hack on the stuff you have done.

That's ok, as long as you can work on GPL'd code and then make use of it
later.

Currently my code is capable of a few different types of backups and its
interface is a php config file. Shouldn't be tough to make a GUI and then
store the same data in a database. It's quite customized at the moment for
my uses, so we'll need to make it more generic, but it's a start.

My goals in its creation were:
-Centralize the backup of all systems on my network to one computer
-Use rdiff-backup to do backing up to disk
-Use a removable hard disk to store the backups
-Run nightly from cron
-Keep it easy to add new servers/computers to backup

Is this similar to what you had invisioned? Or were you thinking more of a
web interface to rdiff-backup? Mine really isn't an interface to
rdiff-backup, it just uses rdiff-backup for all backup operations.

Ian Neubert
Director of IS
TWAcomm.com, Inc.
http://www.twacomm.com/