[rdiff-backup-users] backup failing for several files

From: David Bélanger
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] backup failing for several files
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 00:51:04 -0400

Hi,

I am a relatively new rdiff-backup user.

I get several of these errors:

python: ERROR: (rs_file_copy_cb) unexpected eof on fd11
python: ERROR: (rs_job_complete) patch job failed: unexpected end of
input
UpdateError
work/svn_sablejit/belanger/sandbox/sablejit-classpath/sablevm/src/libsablevm/.svn/props/class_loader.c.svn-work
librsync error 103 while in patch cycle

I read from the FAQ that these could be due to file being modified
during the backup but for serveral of them files should not be opened or
modified.  The number of such errors seem to increase, I had 890 from my
last backup.  File used to be things like browser cache and the windowmaker
state file even when backup done without being logged.  Now they include
source code files.

I have the 13.4 version.  I also tried with 12.x and I was having that
problem.

The backup is done via ssh.  Filesystems are ext3 and mounted with
noatime.  Could this cause problem with some files?  Both systems run
Gentoo Linux.  One system is a powerpc and the other an x86.

The rdiff-backup command is executed on the ppc.  I think I also tried
by executing it on x86 but I don't remember for sure.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
David

---