Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Fatal Error: Unable to create directory

From: David Kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Fatal Error: Unable to create directory
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 05:45:08 +1000

Philip Snyder wrote:

So... I've got my ssh stuff setup so I can login w/o a password between
these 2 servers. I've got a bash script that runs my backup for me -
however, I can't get it to work. It keeps throwing the following error:

Fatal Error: Unable to create directory /my/dir/here

Anyone have any ideas what is causing this?

only 2 things i can think of:
you are attempting to create a directory and a subdirectory at once

you dont have permissions

check those first

dave