Re: [rdiff-backup-users] remote rdiff-backup refused connection

From: Paul Ackerman
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] remote rdiff-backup refused connection
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:22:58 -0600

thanks for the prompt response. I pretty newbie to this stuff so i'll have
to stumble through answering you questions. i appreciate your help. This may
take a little time, but I want to be accurate and not waste your time.  here
we go

> > Permission denied (publickey).
> Despite your assertion that you can ssh from one machine to another, this
> error is an ssh error. So:
> - when you ssh from one machine to another, do you do it as the user which
> runs rdiff-backup?

I belive so I don't login as anything other that root to either machine.

> - do you have any settings in the ~/.ssh/config file of the account that
> rdiff-backup is running under?

all that's in my .ssh folder is

        authorized_keys  known_hosts

> - exactly what command line are you using?
I made a script and used crontab. the script contains this

#run rdiff-backup from debian to backup Data on fileserver full backup

rdiff-backup /samba-saa

it's called rdiffcron

this is setup to lauch the rdiff on the RedHat from the Debian and place the
files on the Debian.

FYI this was funning fine for a while

> - what happens (again as the user rdiff-backup runs under) when you
> "rdiff-backup --test-server remoteserver::/put/anything/here ?

mail-fw:~# rdiff-backup --test-server
root at's password:
Testing server started by:  ssh -C rdiff-backup --server
Server OK