[rdiff-backup-users] Accidental deletion

From: Spandex
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Accidental deletion
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 10:47:37 +0100

Hi,

I'm seeing an error ("File changed from regular file before
signature") due to the fact that I accidentally deleted a couple of
files in my mirror (pure stupidity, I got confused between windows).

Looking through the archives, there are two suggestions to cure this
problem.

The first is to use 'cp -a' to replace the missing file.  This
option is not available to me because my first attempt to fix the
problem was to delete the original files (they were not needed
anyway).  Needless to say, I wish I had browsed the list archives
before I did this :/

The second suggestion is to edit the meta data. This is what I need to
do I think. I've found reference to the offending files in
file_statistics...data.gz and mirror_metadata...snapshot.gz. My
question is, am I right to presume that the latter file is the one I
need to edit? Also, can I just remove the references from the latest
version? Or should I be looking at removing ALL references to the
files I foolishly deleted?

Regards,

Matt