[rdiff-backup-users] Re: excluding files via include list

From: Troels Arvin
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: excluding files via include list
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 11:39:20 +0100

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 15:07:20 +0530, abhi wrote:

> I am using rdiff-backup 0.12.7 with this include list is:
> ----
> /home/
> /home/user/
> /home/user/**
> /etc/
> /etc/**
> - *
> ----

I know that the documentation talks about minuses in include lists, but I
suggest that you stay away from them: I feel that they mix up the
definition of an include list.

I suggest an include list like:
/home/
/etc/

- and then an rdiff-backup command that goes like:
rdiff-backup --include-filelist includelist --exclude / \
  address@hidden::/ hostname

(The trailing \ on the first line of the command means that the command
goes on on the next line.)

--
Greetings from Troels Arvin, Copenhagen, Denmark