Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Write-once read-many problem

From: Maarten Bezemer
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Write-once read-many problem
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:26:16 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> As you requested, I made it writable, and still get "Operation not
> permitted" on an unrelated object (currently the packages
> subdirectory).

Without looking at the trace or at the source, I'd say it may make sense
in some situations. Like: having stuff below a 'closed' directory. When
backing up, permissions are temporarily changed to allow writes, and my
guess is that the same thing happens when restoring.

That might be related to your problem.

Off-topic: can't you use plain rsync for this task?

Regards,
 Maarten