[rdiff-backup-users] permissions and incremental questions

From: gg gg234
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] permissions and incremental questions
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 11:20:53 +0000

Hi,

 I am testing rdiff backup for my servers.I have two servers

10.1.1.2 and 10.1.1.3

I want to copy data from 10.1.1.2 to 10.1.1.3

location of data on 10.1.1.2 /home/www and /var/logs/apache2 to same
location in 10.1.1.3

When try to copy a test folder it changed the folder and file
ownership to "rdiff-backup" user

I am trying to run the backup using this user.

I have two question now

1)I don't want to change the ownership of my folders and files copied
from 10.1.1.2

2)I want to take daily incremental backup how to configure this?

Present configuration file in 10.1.1.3

host main1
hostname 10.1.1.2
user root
identityfile /backup/.ssh/id_rsa
cipher blowfish
protocol 2

Present configuration in 10.1.1.2

/root/.ssh/authorized_key file as follows

command="rdiff-backup --server
/home/www",from="10.1.1.3",no-port-forwarding,no-X11-forwarding,no-pty

I know i have to chnage some configuration but i am not sure where i
need to change

some one help me with this

Thanks for your time