[rdiff-backup-users] Update errors on non-changing files

From: Charlie Strauss
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Update errors on non-changing files
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 12:33:59 -0700

I'm using rdiff backup for the first time on a mac osx system. One machine is running version 1.1.3 the other is running 1.1.4 while I have the remote disk locally mounted I'm not using that. Instead I'm running rdiff backup in the usual way via ssh rdiff- backup --server

I get two kinds of error messages. One of them is an update error that differs from the kind discussed in the wiki (for log files and other rapidly changing files). the files causing the error are old files that have not been touched in months.

the destination for the backup is an empty directory with no previous backups in it.

here's some sample error messages.  I get lots of these:

UpdateError Clustermatic.cdr Updated mirror temp file /Volumes/big/ cems/cems/rdiff-backup.tmp.1758 does not match source UpdateError DCIM/137CANON/IMG_3724_b.JPG Updated mirror temp file / Volumes/big/cems/cems/;068;067;073;077/137;067;065;078;079;078/rdiff- backup.tmp.1791 does not match source

Cannot read carbonfile information from /Users/cems/Desktop/ Desktop_sweep/this-sign-has-sharp-edges.jpg alias Cannot read carbonfile information from /Users/cems/Desktop/ Desktop_sweep/unpack.pl
Cannot read carbonfile information from /Users/cems/Desktop/IMG_2281.JPG