Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Error when doing restore

From: Davy Durham
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Error when doing restore
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 18:56:54 -0600

Okay thanks.. well I saw that error, but it didn't mean anything to me, but I guess that's because I didn't read it.

The weird thing is that I reran the backup manually and that fixed it with no --check-backup-dir directory.. but when it did run, it did a lot of unusual things like deleting increment files.
Anyhow, it's working great again.

Thanks

Ben Escoto wrote:

Davy Durham <address@hidden>
wrote the following on Sun, 01 Jan 2006 02:08:26 -0600
I'm getting the following output (using -v9) when attemping to do a restore.. there is no apparent reason for the error:

Any ideas?

The -v1 output would probably have been more informative, because then
you would have only seen the error message:

Fatal Error: Previous backup to /home/backup/data/source_machine/.
seems to have failed.  Rerun rdiff-backup with
--check-destination-dir option to revert directory to state before
unsuccessful session.

rdiff-backup quits restoring if the destination in the middle of a
backup (e.g. because previous backup failed, or is still going).