Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Empty directory trees not being backed up

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Empty directory trees not being backed up
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 23:04:30 -0600

> Ok, I have managed to repeat the problem on some dummy data I've created.
> It's entirely possible that I simply don't understand properly how the
> --includes and --excludes work, but this behaviour seems odd to me.

You were absolutely right, under some conditions when you use an
include like "--include **XXX", empty directories may be skipped, and
this bug may have first appeared in version 1.0.0 (which fixed another
selection bug).

I think this patch will fix the problem, but you may want to test it
on your directory structure:

http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewcvs/rdiff-backup/rdiff_backup/selection.py?root=rdiff-backup&r1=1.41&r2=1.42&makepatch=1&diff_format=u

--
Ben Escoto