Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Using rdiff 1.2.6 seeing bunch of 12345.test fi

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Using rdiff 1.2.6 seeing bunch of 12345.test files
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 09:49:30 -0600

> What do you mean by some kind of error?   One thing I was thinking might
> cause this is either swapping or too many silmultaneous jobs running.
> What logs should i be checking my backup script logs or my system logs?

Hmm, I just read your title more carefully and have three comments.
First, there is no rdiff-backup 1.2.6.  Second, the tmp files
rdiff-backup creates aren't called 12345.test.  Third, rdiff-backup
writes temp files into the backup repository, so it can move them into
place.  It doesn't write temp files to the /tmp directory unless it's
restoring.

So are you sure rdiff-backup is making these files?

--
Ben Escoto