Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Rdiff-backup Starting to segfault out of nowher

From: David Kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Rdiff-backup Starting to segfault out of nowhere
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:52:37 -0500

Robert Yoon wrote:
I just recently ran into some problems with one of the hosts i am using rdiff-backup on. its on redhat 8 and it was just working fine until recently

#rdiff-backup  -V
Segmentation fault

thats not rdiff-backup's fault i don't think

--- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) ---
+++ killed by SIGSEGV +++

did you update the kernel recently? I have seen a similiar crash with a kernel that didn't include NPTL support on a system that used nptl.
solution is funnily enough to mv /lib/tls /lib/tls.old
but it could be a hardware problem or anything else in between

dave