[rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup --remote-schema ssh port

From: Mark Adams
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup --remote-schema ssh port
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 18:19:03 +0100

Hi All,

First of all, this is a great tool. Particularly like all the stats it
provides!

Have 1 problem though, I need to connect through a non-ssh port.
Following is the very simple bash script I have written to do this.

HOME=/root/bin/
RDIFF=/usr/bin/rdiff-backup
SRC=/home/it/test/
address@hidden::/home/it/test/
SCHEMA="--remote-schema 'ssh -p48086 %s rdiff-backup --server'"
ECHO="$RDIFF $SCHEMA $SRC $DEST"

cd $HOME
echo $ECHO

If I run this with the echo, I get the output of;

/usr/bin/rdiff-backup --remote-schema 'ssh -p48086 %s rdiff-backup --server'
/home/it/test/ address@hidden::/home/it/test/

Which if typed into the command line manually, works perfectly! but when
run without the echo (just $ECHO) I get the following error;

Fatal Error: Bad commandline options: option -p not recognized
See the rdiff-backup manual page for more information.

Does anyone know what the issue could be? I have tried backslashing the
' and even double backslashing them with the same result. Am I missing
something really simple here?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Mark