Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup being maintained?

From: rdiff
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup being maintained?
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 11:42:26 -0800 (PST)

The CVS may be old, but the last stable release was "Version 1.0.4, released January 15th 2006, is the current stable version." released from the website.

http://www.nongnu.org/rdiff-backup/

We have had very few problems with it. If the backup was successful, it will restore. The only thing you need to be concerned about is if the backup failed. If it fails, just make sure the next backup takes. The nice thing about rdiff-backup is that the destination tree is identical to to the source tree. Magic is only necessary to go back in time and apply the rdiffs. If for some reason the increment tree fries, you can delete it and start over. The only down side is that you loose what had changed.

Hope this helps!

-Eric