Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Debian debs with patch fix for #355178

From: Faheem Mitha
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Debian debs with patch fix for #355178
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 14:52:16 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006, dean gaudet wrote:

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006, Faheem Mitha wrote:

Does anyone know any friendly Debian developers would could be
persuaded to do NMUs of librsync and rdiff-backup? It would be a good
thing if this fix could go in for etch.

i asked the debian librsync maintainer if he could get this in for etch...
it sounds like he's going to try.

That would be nice. I'd hate to have to patch this again.

Bear in mind that rdiff-backup will need to be rebuilt against librsync, but perhaps that will be an easier task.

I also have a question for Dean Gaudet. Since you are the only one
apparently committing now to rdiff-backup (at least in the last few
months), do you know if there are any plans to put out a new release
in the near future with fixes?

yeah i'll look around and see everything i need to do to make a release,
hopefully this weekend.

That would be great.

Thanks.                                                         Faheem.