[rdiff-backup-users] What happens when you move files around?

From: Karjala
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] What happens when you move files around?
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 20:25:02 +0200

On my system I move files around directories a bit. How are files that have been moved since the last backup treated by rdiff-backup? I.e. if I rename a 1GB file that has already been backed-up, will one extra GB of backup storage be taken up on the next automated backup? Also what would happen to the amount of backup storage required, if I moved a 1GB file to another directory (which will also be backed up on the next backup)?

Thanks,
- K.