Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rsync.net funding duplicity development, sponso

From: Dave Kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rsync.net funding duplicity development, sponsoring a maintainer
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 18:44:00 +1000

Gday John,

I have copied Ben Escoto on his last know email address - he should be able to reply. I don't think he would take your sponsorship, as from memory he is busy with other commitments. I am sure he would be happy to pass the mantle on in whatever form was needed, as rdiff-backup has gone through a similar changeover.

I hope you can further duplicity and make it a more supported product. If nothing else, just forking it and going it alone is sure to keep the code alive...

thanks,

Dave Kempe

rsync.net wrote:
Hello,

Many of the customers of rsync.net use duplicity and we appreciate the
existence of the tool very much.

However, the latest release version is now over a year old and the project
is not actively maintained.

We would like to sponsor the release of a new version, incorporating bug
fixes and useful patches that may have been uncovered in the last year.

We would also like to sponsor an official maintainer.  At the very least
we would like there to be someone that can act as a public face of the
project which would instill a greater sense of confidence in its use.

Comments and suggestions are appreciated, as well as more up to date email
addresses for the original authors, as the ones above may no longer be
correct.

John Kozubik
rsync.net, Inc.