[rdiff-backup-users] Basic question about handling backups with symbolic

From: Chris G
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Basic question about handling backups with symbolic links
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 22:42:20 +0100

I have just discovered that I'm not backing up as much as I thought I
was, due to symbolic links.

In particular I have some symbolic links in my home directory to areas
on old disks which are 'my' files from earlier installations etc.

A default rdiff-backup of my home directory just stores the symbolic
link on the destination which, of course, is not a backup at all.

Is there a simple option to rdiff-backup which will make it 'follow'
symbolic links and store everything down my home directory tree as
actual files and not as links to other places?

--
Chris Green