Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff backup first run.. advice needed!

From: Patrick Nagel
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff backup first run.. advice needed!
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 22:37:34 +0800

Hi Mike,

Mike Green (Monday, 2008-05-12):
[...]
> Is there a way of getting rdiff-backup to use the current working copy
> on the backup machine rather than trying to push the lot across again?
> My initial thought was to make a second copy on the backup machine,
> however we do not have the free space - nor do we have the space on the
> client machine, so making a second copy at either end is a no go.
>
> All ideas welcome!

I have an idea for you: Invest €100 in a 750GB harddrive (which you can use
for other things later, or replace one of the older drives) and test as
long and thorough as you want (and should).

Cheers,
Patrick.

--
Key ID: 0x86E346D4            http://patrick-nagel.net/key.asc
Fingerprint: 7745 E1BE FA8B FBAD 76AB 2BFC C981 E686 86E3 46D4