[rdiff-backup-users] Re: Updating just subfolder in a backup tree

From: Saptarshi Guha
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: Updating just subfolder in a backup tree
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 00:06:30 -0400

Hello,
Some more information, the reason why this is important, is that i often need a file i modified 20 minutes ago!
So on OS X i can use FSEvents to monitor folder changes and use rdiff-backup to backup those folders in which changes occurred(using a user supplied list of folders to watch).
Of course all these watched folders will be in my main backup source == ~/ (as specified below) - so there parents will be in the mirror.

Thanks
Saptarshi