[rdiff-backup-users] getting error while restoring

From: Madan Kumar
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] getting error while restoring
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 12:58:26 +0530

Hi all,

First of all I would like to thanks you all to provide me great support before.
I am able to take the backup as well as incremental using rdiff-backup.
I am using it on winXP and on vista(both stand alone), I have installed rdiff-backup with the help of CYGWIN.
(I have installed cygwin and rdiff-backup in C:\ drive)

Well I am able to restore the files form backup by running following command::
$ cp -a G:/Dest/win3.dat G:/source
Above command restore win3.dat in to source/ directory if it has deleted from source/ because Dest/win3.dat is the mirror of source/win3.dat.
Now if I run following command to get the same::
$ rdiff-backup -r now G:/Dest/win3.dat G:/source/
it give me error "Fatal Error: could not find rdiff-backup repository at G:/Dest/win3.dat"

In the case when I need to restore from latest backup I can execute first command.*(no problem).

But if I need to restore from the backup that of two days ago, then I will have to execute second command that is giving me the error.

Please provide me some guidelines.

Thanks
Regards
M Chauhan