Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Easy Way to Find Lost Files ?

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Easy Way to Find Lost Files ?
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 18:41:53 -0500

On Jan 17, 2009, at 1:08 PM, Chris Wilson wrote:
Andrew, if I strace this process it's doing a LOT of futex calls for no apparent reason (no threads or sub processes involved). I imagine it could be sped up by at least ten times by removing these. Worth investigating?

Interesting. Do you want to send me the trace and the details of your setup?

I don't see any mutex/synchronization syscalls when I run on Python 2.5.1 on Mac OS X 10.5.6.

Andrew