Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Unicode win32 binary

From: Gregy
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Unicode win32 binary
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 18:50:12 +0100

2009/12/5 Gregy <address@hidden>:
> I tried current cvs version and it is not working either. It should
> but there are problems with security and some other things (it crashes
> there) so no go. Although I think porting rdiff-backup to python3
> should solve the problem considering python3 is unicode.
>
> 2009/12/4 John <address@hidden>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been using rdiff for a few weeks now, and have run into an issue with
>> the windows version not being able to backup any file with unicode
>> characters in them. (pretty much anything other than english). I have found
>> the previous patches that were posted and a win32 compilation script.
>> However I am not able to compile rdiff with the patches. Is there any way to
>> know when a binary with win32 unicode support will be available? (A super
>> unstable release, maybe? Or an updated compile script?)
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Yevgeniy Kuksenko

Now I tried again and got "sort of" success. I compiled current cvs
and tried windows->linux. You mustn't use --restrict on server side
because it is broken but otherwise it looks fine. Oh and sometimes
this error shows up but doesn't seem to break anything:

Error parsing flat file: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 9: ord
inal not in range(128)