Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: Unable to backup due to remote system closi

From: Alex Pounds
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: Unable to backup due to remote system closing connection
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 18:14:15 +0000

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 12:47:19PM +0000, Chris G wrote:
> My approach would be to take all the ssh restrictions off on gertie
> and get ssh passwordless login working for an ordinary login.  Get
> rdiff-backup working with this setup and *then* start adding the ssh
> restrictions to make it more secure.

Thanks for this suggestion. I discovered I couldn't ssh to this account at
all, so deleted it and recreated it. I can now backup via key-based login,
and will lock down the account and test as I go along.

Thanks again,

--
Alex Pounds (Creature)                  .~.     http://www.alexpounds.com/
                                        /V\    http://www.ethicsgirls.com/