Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Question about file removal

From: Jernej Simončič
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Question about file removal
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 00:00:34 +0200

On Friday, July 23, 2010, 23:44:34, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> It's been "stuck" there for about 30 minutes.  Is this normal?  I'm guessing
> it's doing *something*, but I'm not versed in backup / rsync protocols why
> it wouldn't be a simply "this file no longer exists at the source, delete it
> at the destination" control message.

It's probably compressing it, since it's no longer present on your
computer (diffs and removed files are compressed in the backup; since
the file is 17GB, it can take a while for it to finish compressing).

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

Variables won't; constants aren't.
       -- Osborn's Law