repo-criteria-discuss

Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] Enhancement/suggestion

From: Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro
Subject: Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] Enhancement/suggestion
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 15:23:11 -0200

Hello Marcos!

Em Sat, 17 Oct 2015 01:09:26 +0100
Marcos Marado <address@hidden> escreveu:

> First of all: thanks for the great initiative, this is something long
> needed.

You're welcome!

> I have a suggestion to the project, that can probably fall into the
> "let's do this later" category:
>
> Integrate with tosdr.org .
>
> So, long story short, you could:
> * integrate in your criteria something like "acceptable terms of
> services", and use tosdr as the set of rules/evaluator for that
> particular item;

The "acceptable terms of services" criterion is already given by the
C4 clause:

  The site's terms of service contain no odious conditions.

Collaboration is a desirable thing.   However, the issue
here is whether it's desirable to push (and then trust) the
responsibility of evaluating terms of services for odious conditions to
a third party.  IMHO, it's a complex step and I'm not sure it'd be
a good move.  Using the tosdr.org to help us evaluating TOSs should be
OK, though.

> * unrelated, but it might also be worthy to take a look at the
> software behind tosdr. ToS <https://tosdr.org/>;DR
> <https://tosdr.org/> is Free Software, licensed under the GNU Affero
> General Public License (AGPL-3.0
> <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/agpl-3.0-standalone.html>), and it does
> pretty much all you want of a website for the project at hands.

We've published the criteria on gnu.org, and we'll publish the
evaluations there as well.  That's is simply hand-edited HTML by the
GNU webmasters.  For now, there is no compelling reason (I can think of)
to move it to a dedicated platform.  Can you think of any?

--
 88888  FFFFF Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro (oitofelix) [0x28D618AF]
 8   8  F     http://oitofelix.freeshell.org/

- GNU ccd2cue maintainer
- GNU Savannah hacker
- GNU webmaster
- GNU audio and video maintainer
- GNU ethical repository criteria maintainer
- GNU web translation team coordinator (Brazilian Portuguese)
- DMOZ free software editor (Portuguese)
- UFU FAMAT PET member
- SDF Public Access UNIX System ARPA member
- Riseup user and supporter

Please, support my work: http://oitofelix.freeshell.org/funding.html

[GNU DISCLAIMER] I'm a GNU hacker, but my views don't necessarily
match those of the GNU project.  Hereby I express my own opinion,
style and perception, in good faith, aiming the betterment of GNU.