repo-criteria-discuss

Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] GNU ethical repository criteria

From: Svetlana Tkachenko
Subject: Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] GNU ethical repository criteria
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 11:45:13 +1100

Hi All,

GitLab has an 'About GitLab' link at the bottom of each page. This link takes
you to a page that offers a free trial of proprietary software called 'GitLab
Enterprise'. Is this a problem? I am not seeing 'Does not link users to
proprietary software' or 'Does not offer users to try proprietary software' at
the 'GNU Ethical Repository Criteria' page.

Also, the 'About GitLab' link takes users to a page that runs non-free
JavaScript from googletagmanager, optimizely. Is this a problem? I am not
seeing 'Does not link users to proprietary web sites' or 'Does not link users
to web sites that run non-free JavaScript' at the 'GNU Ethical Repository
Criteria' page.

-- Sveta