jami

Re: [Ring] GNOME client mock-up

From: Tirifto
Subject: Re: [Ring] GNOME client mock-up
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 21:19:22 +0200

On Fri, 2017-10-27 at 08:27 +1100, Óvári wrote:
> Hi Tirifto,
>
> Questions:
>
> 1. Does a ticket need to be written on tuleap for the Emoji feature
> to be implemented? Or how does this feature suggestion get provided
> to the developer team?

I think that’s the best way to suggest a new feature, yes. That way it
won’t get lost and the developers can keep track of it.

> 2. Could you please advise when your file has been updated so we can
> download the latest version please?

Yes; I will sent a new link once I upload the updated version. I’ll do
it once there are no more suggestions coming in and I have the time and
will (which I should have often; it’s a small task).

> Suggestions:
>
> 3. On page 1 of your file, after 'Assembled by Tirifto, 2017-09-18'
> write "Last edited 2017-10-26" or something similar

Good idea; I’ll mark the date of modification.

> 4. If 'Screen sharing' won't be separated, have it joined with
> 'Video calling' to be:    "Video calling/screen sharing"
>
> a) Is it possible to have both Screen sharing and Video calling? We
> understand that Jitsi and Skype can have both...
>
> b) Our preference is to have 'Screen sharing' to be separate from
> 'Video calling'
>
> What do you think?

I just noticed that I apparently didn’t include screen sharing in my
mock-up at all! I’m going to correct that; I think this is something
Ring is supposed to do, so it definitely should be in there.

However, I’m not sure how screen sharing actually works, in comparison
to video calls. I’ll just add it in a side note, or put it in a place
that seems most obvious to me.

> Thank you

Thank you!