jami

[Ring] Fwd: We received your message!

From: Steven Roth
Subject: [Ring] Fwd: We received your message!
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 10:20:00 -0400 (EDT)

De: "SFL" <address@hidden>
À: address@hidden, address@hidden
Envoyé: Samedi 28 Octobre 2017 18:40:12
Objet: We received your message!

Full name: John White
Email: address@hidden
Subject: ring
Message: I am using ring. 2017-10-20 19:01:41 UTC as a sip phone via diamondcard.us, on my Debian Stretch system. It works fine. BUT I can't use it as I would like as there is no documentation to speak of.

I want to put a name AND phone number in the contacts list, but can only put one of the other. I don't see many of the functions referenced in the online documentation. I will contribute.

If I could get ring working well as a sip phone I would probably try its other feature. If I could call a land line or cell phone using ring's non-sip functions, that would be great. Until Gates bought it, I used skype and could call land lines from it.

Finally, I think ring is hampered badly because it uses too common a name. Perhaps calling it ringx some other unique name would help.

As you can see, I am quite confused by ring but think it has great promise if more documentation were available.

John White
White Law Chartered
335 W 1st St.
Reno, NV 89503
775-322-8000
:

--

Steven Roth

Consultant en logiciel libre

T. 514 276 5468 poste 381 | C. address@hidden
S. savoirfairelinux.com | B. blog.savoirfairelinux.com | R. ring.cx

Ring ID 1d0b7bbdc5e137123eafb1e8bff597945de4e594