jami

Re: [Ring] Fwd: We received your message!

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: Re: [Ring] Fwd: We received your message!
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2017 20:52:16 -0200

Hi John,

GNU Ring is currently able to communicate with some known
addressbook/contact management software. In GNU+Linux system
distributions, I know from a fact that GNU Ring communicates with GNOME
Evolutions, which I assume is the default one in Debian (at least it is
so in Trisquel 7.0 Belenos).

Try adding a contact which is neither in your addressbook/contact
manager nor in GNU Ring, and see if it appears in both. If positive, you
can try editing more details of the contact in that manager.

Currently in-system documentation is indeed lacking, some work still
must be done to provide Texinfo pages (which are better for reading and
allow for a more organized topic structure).

As for how to contribute, you can take a look at the link given in [1].

As for calling landlines and cellphones using the Ring protocol (that
is: not SIP) I don't know if that is possible. As for SIP, despite not
being able to afford one such service I'll speak of nor being under the
coverage area, I know that there are service providers (mainly those
members of Soprani.ca project, see [2]) which make the link between
SIP+XMPP <-> Baseband (or was it "->" only? I don't know, it's better to
ask the provider first).

Alternativelly, get in touch with Soprani.ca on how to help your local
economy grow and also provide another instance of the project. This way,
people around your city will possibly have an incentive to drop whatever
non-free non-standardized instant communication technology.

[1] <https://ring.cx/en/contribute>.

[2] <https://soprani.ca/>.

--
- https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com