rule-list

[Rule-list] install of V0.1.2 on PC 14

From: hairylarry
Subject: [Rule-list] install of V0.1.2 on PC 14
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 12:17:56 -0600

Hi,

PC 14 is a 166 Pentium with 32 meg of ram and a 540 meg hd.

I tried the .img for miniconda not miniconda-modular. The installer ran
great. Installed first try. This is a great improvement with only one
script to run.

On my system the network did not configure correctly. Kudzu found
the card and I got the network configuration screen but ping returns
Network Unreachable on the LAN and even for 127.0.0.1.

Also still no termcap for vi which means I can't run vi because I don't
know the control sequences. I always just use the arrows. Nano still
runs fine.

I see the loop devices after installation. Is it possible to have
/dev/loop0 and losetup available at CD mount time? I want to mount a
.iso image file and install from a hard drive on hdb. This would allow
installs on systems with no CD.

I will test miniconda-modular next.

Thanks for the great work. I feel so empowered. It's like we're
rescueing thousands and thousands of PCs from doorstop/junkheap
status.

Thanks,

Hairy Larry