rule-list

Re: Fwd: Re: [Rule-list] PC #12 insmod anyone?

From: Gordon Buzowetsky
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [Rule-list] PC #12 insmod anyone?
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:03:09 -0600

> sbpcd=0x230,1.o?
> Nope, that won't work. You need to try:
> 'insmod sbpcd=0x230,1' or perhaps 'modprobe sbpcd=0x230,1'

I just tried again this AM to make sure it just wasn't bleary eyes..
Did them both and even tried putting spaces in, all with the same
results.....that's the error message I get....

> > If I do a 'modprobe sbpcd.o' with no parameters it goes into it's
> > little sequence and finds all the wrong ports...then it tells me
>
> 'modprobe sbpcd.o=0x230,1' may work. Adding the .o at the end after the
> options surely won't.

Tried that too....same thing...Strange part is the error message; I type
in the 'insmod sbpcd=0x230,1 and I get the 'sbpcd-0x230,l.o'
back..........

Miniconda is no help either...mtab just tells me it's mounted on
/tmp/cdrom and source something or other....

> > .....hmmmm....and I don't think its even operator
> > error this time....
>
> I think it may be.  I'm hoping that's the case. :)

Sorry D....operator was on the ball this time.  Maybe I should bundle that
obstinate piece of electronics in some brown paper...lick a few stamps and
put your addy on it...worst of it is; the postage would be worth probably
5x the box.

Maybe we should put this on a back burner for awhile....bring it out and
give it some air and sunshine a little later....I can install with
miniconda for now....that gets me in the game anyway....

I'll be on the list anyway....this is simply to 'addictive' to give up
now....

Your call...G