rule-list

[Rule-list] Miniconda, slinky, and other OSes

From: Marco Fioretti
Subject: [Rule-list] Miniconda, slinky, and other OSes
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 14:39:46 +0100

Hello, all

what should we say if asked "will miniconda/slinky damage
my other Win *9x/NT/2K/XP partition"?

Most of our users are going to use Linux only, but even the
case above will probably be much more frequent that I initially
thought. Examples:

        User wants to just *try* RULE, on some little space left

        User cannot/doesn't want to remove other operating system
        because it must remain there for any reason, from need of
        software originally developed only for Win, or anything like
        that.

The second category includes potentially all users going to RULE not
because they can't afford new HW, but because they feel right to cut
as much bells and whistles as possible, and must still share that only
PC with kids/wife/anybody using Win*.

Ideas? Suggestions for test cases?

        Ciao,
                Marco Fioretti