rule-list

Re: [Rule-list] Help needed for distro_analyzer and self dependencies

From: Ed Blackman
Subject: Re: [Rule-list] Help needed for distro_analyzer and self dependencies
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 21:05:31 -0400

On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 12:48:57AM +0200, Martin Stricker wrote:
> Ed Blackman wrote:
> > So our solutions can only be:
> > 1) Treat bash as a special case, and insert "provides /bin/sh" into
> >    database.
> > 2) Insert every file from every RPM into our database, and change the
> >    script so that it also looks at files.
>
> 3) https://bugzilla.redhat.com/ ;=D Let the bash RPM maintainer fix
> this... I will file the bug tomorrow.

Even if they fix it (which I doubt, since it's not a problem in normal
rpm operation, only our non-standard usage), that won't help us with
the current versions in RH 7.2 and 7.3.

Marco came up with a viable solution that avoids both special cases
and database bloat.  It will require a bunch of disk space to build the
database, but the final product should still be fairly small.

Ed